Highlights from the 3rd Annual All Girls Tournament ... June 1st, 2019
Coaches Krista and Arthur worked the Girls Club Room in Nashville Tennessee during the K-6 Elementary Nationals (2300+ Players) ...... May 8th - 13th 2019
Look at These Awesome Chess Players !!!!
Women in Chess & Setting Records:
1) Most Games Played Simultaneously: Grandmaster Susan Polgar played 326 opponents simultaneously at a shopping mall in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida in 2005. She won 309, drew 14, and lost 3. Her winning percentage was 96.93%.
2) Youngest Player in a U.S. National Championship: In 1995, IrinaKrush played in the U.S. Women’s Championship at the age of 11.
3) Youngest GoldMedalist: JuditPolgar won a gold medal in the 1988 Chess Olympiad at the age of 11. 4) Top Female Player in the World: Judit Polgar FIDE (World) Title: Grandmaster Born: July 23, 1976, Budapest, Hungary Peak Rating: 2735 (July 2005) Current Rating: 2648 (January 2019) World Rank: 68 (January 2019)
5) Youngest Olympiad Player: In 1986, Heidi Cueller played for the women’s Guatemala chess team in the chess Olympiad at Dubai. She was 10 years old.
6) Oldest National Champion Male or Female: In 1948, Edith Price won the British Ladies’ Championship at the age of 76.
7) Oldest Competitive Chess Player Male or Female: Lady Jane Carew (1797-1901) was a chess player who lived to 104 and still competed.