These 3 girls are our students, all age 7 years old, they are currently ranked in the top 40 best performing Chess girls, age 7, in the NATION !!!
Coach Krista is the state representative for the US Chess Women's Committee!
New ... US Chess Womens Chess Boards donated by Jennifer ShahadeDirector of US Chess Womens Division for the 2022 All Girls Tournament
Women's Grandmaster and US Chess Women's Program Director Jennifer Shahade
Tanisha, a Tampa girl, is now ranked 2nd in the Nation for 7 year old girls by US Chess ... September 2022
Girls in Chess
As a female coach, I am very much in a man's world. Most Chess clubs and Chess tournaments are run by men and most players are male. I want to change this...
I want more girls in Chess clubs, more girls in Chess tournaments, and more girls beating the boys!!!
Go Girl Power !!!
2021 - 2022 Highlights
September 17th, 2022 Tournament had 25% girls!
Highlights from the All-Girls Tournament February 5th, 2022
Highlights from the 3rd Annual All Girls Tournament ... June 1st, 2019
Coaches Krista and Arthur worked the Girls Club Room in Nashville Tennessee during the K-6 Elementary Nationals (2300+ Players) ...... May 8th - 13th 2019
Look at These Awesome Chess Players !!!!
Women in Chess & Setting Records:
1) Most Games Played Simultaneously: Grandmaster Susan Polgar played 326 opponents simultaneously at a shopping mall in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida in 2005. She won 309, drew 14, and lost 3. Her winning percentage was 96.93%.
2) Youngest Player in a U.S. National Championship: In 1995, IrinaKrush played in the U.S. Women’s Championship at the age of 11.
3) Youngest GoldMedalist: JuditPolgar won a gold medal in the 1988 Chess Olympiad at the age of 11. 4) Top Female Player in the World: Judit Polgar FIDE (World) Title: Grandmaster Born: July 23, 1976, Budapest, Hungary Peak Rating: 2735 (July 2005) Current Rating: 2648 (January 2019) World Rank: 68 (January 2019)
5) Youngest Olympiad Player: In 1986, Heidi Cueller played for the women’s Guatemala chess team in the chess Olympiad at Dubai. She was 10 years old.
6) Oldest National Champion Male or Female: In 1948, Edith Price won the British Ladies’ Championship at the age of 76.
7) Oldest Competitive Chess Player Male or Female: Lady Jane Carew (1797-1901) was a chess player who lived to 104 and still competed.